Site announcements

Presentations on Friday, January 27 (Sign-up on Wednesday)

Picture of Wesley Nishiyama
Presentations on Friday, January 27 (Sign-up on Wednesday)
by Wesley Nishiyama - Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 2:50 PM

Hello Interns,

I will have four presentations on Friday.  Two are on Civil Society and two are on Macroeconomics.  

Civil Society - is seen as a panacea for most social problems including unemployment, drug addiction, suicide, depression, crime, domestic abuse, loneliness, low voter turnout, among other social ills.  Policies promoting civil society were embraced in the nineties by both Democrats and Republicans.  Come and learn about civil society while simultaneously participating in civil society.  

Macroeconomics I - Learn about the very basics of economic policy.  We will explore the Business Cycle/s, Fiscal Policy, Monetary Policy, Keynesian Economics, Supply-Side Economics, the Philips Curve, among other economic ideas.   

You will receive extra credit for attending each presentation and the time spent during presentations and workshops can be included as legislative duties on your timesheet.   

The times are as follows:

11:00 to 12:00 - Civil Society

12:00 to 1:00 - Civil Society

1:00 to 2:00 - Macroeconomics I

3:00 to 4:00 - Macroeconomics I

Space is limited--20 seats each presentation. You can reserve a seat by signing up on Moodle tomorrow, Wednesday at 1:00 pm.  

Logon to Moodle, go to "Workshops and Presentations" or go to https://intern.nyassembly.gov/mod/feedback/view.php?id=1066 then click on "Presentation Sign-up for Friday, January 27, 2023", click on "Continue" and follow the directions.  Thursday, I will post on Moodle a list of those who have a reserved seat, and those who are on the wait list.  If you select "anytime" you increase your chances of reserving a seat. If you have any questions, please e-mail me or call me extension 4704.  

Be sure it is okay with your supervisor that you attend at your chosen time, in addition, make sure your reservation does not conflict with your Pod Meeting. 

I will see you there, prof. Nishiyama